Thursday, December 24, 2009

Polar Express

We went to Williams, AZ and rode the Grand Canyon Polar Express. We were thoroughly entertained by our southern hostess and her dancing:

This is just a theme ride similar to what the Heber creeper does, but the trains are full sized.

Everyone received christmas bells as the ride mirrored the movie.

The kids enjoyed the hotel swimming pool much more than the train:

I think that the kids would be content on vacations just to swim.

Or splash:

This hotel had a pool, but no espn.

Some were prepared w/goggles

A little color for some charm:

Smiling for the camera comes easy in the pool.

The next morning we woke to about a foot of snow on the ground and we decided to check out the Grand Canyon (south rim).

The Grand Canyon is awesome enough. The snow made it even more spectacular:

We never imagined throwing snowballs into the Grand Canyon.

Incredible views:

This day was a photographer's dream.

The evergreens were heavy-laden:

The shadows of the mountains moved quickly like high speed film:

These cliffs had quite an updraft on this day.

That's all for now. Bye!

3 comments:

Stacy said...

AMAZING pictures! That looks like it was awesome!

Merry Christmas everyone, we love you guys!

Aim said...

Wow!! I would love to go there someday. I love the pic of the whole family. I still can't believe there are eight of you! Merry Christmas. Love y'all!!

Katie said...

wow the pictures are amazing!!! looks like fun